refrigerator magnets

refrigerator magnets

Monday, October 31, 2011

Roasted Butternut Squash

Image Credit: Whole Foods Market
Very very delicious and very very simple - Roasted Butter Nut Squash. I love squash, pumpkin and other gourd-like veggies. Matt does not. So I had a simple solution - I bought a pacakge of already cut-up squash and roasted that sucker so I could eat it at my leisure and he won't have to tolerate it as part of a meal. Very simple and easy recipe...

Roasted Butternut Squash

Ingredients
  • 1 package of butter nut squash or one squash cut up into 2-bite size pieces
  • Olive oil
  • Sea salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper
  • Tin foil

Steps
  1. Pre-heat oven to 375-400degrees F
  2. Put the tinfoil down on a cookie sheet to cover the surface, this makes it much much easier to clean later. I promise.
  3. Coat the squash in the olive oil. The amount of oil depends on the amount of squash - I use enough that all sides are coated but not dripping. Like a light salad dressing amount. 
  4. Lay the squash on the cookie sheet and drizzle the salt and pepper lightly over top and toss again so it's coated. 
  5. Pop the tray into the oven for 45 minutes. The oil will bubble but if you touch the squash, it should be close to done - taste test it. I usually end up popping it back in the oven for another 15 minutes. I like my squash almost mashable - it gets nice and caramelized.
  6. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment