HA! Way too many dirty jokes I could include in there but I'll steer clear... with that said, meat logs!
Recipe makes 4 logs - serves 2 very hungry people
- 1 package of ground meat (we used beef)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 good squirt of ketchup
- 1 good squirt of mustard (we used the grainy kind)
- Tomato sauce - about a cup or two depending on how much you like on your sandwich
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Bun - that can handle the meat log!
- Cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil for the pan to cook the logs
Mix the spices, ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs and meat together in a bowl till well combined
Prep the buns - make sure they are sliced, and I add a little cheese to the bottom of the bun also
Form the meat into logs that will fit into your bun, we ended up doing two logs per bun since the longer logs wouldn't fit into the pan that we cooked them in
Add the oil into the pan and turn it on to medium
Add the logs one by one into the pan
Brown the outside of the logs by rolling them around in the pan
Add a few drops of Franks to each log at this point, this will sear the Franks to the outside of the log.
Cook the logs till they are cooked through
Cover with tomato sauce and let cook for about 1 minute to heat up the sauce
Plop the meat logs into the bun and top with a bit more cheese