|Image Credit: Whole Foods Market|
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 package of butter nut squash or one squash cut up into 2-bite size pieces
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Tin foil
- Pre-heat oven to 375-400degrees F
- Put the tinfoil down on a cookie sheet to cover the surface, this makes it much much easier to clean later. I promise.
- Coat the squash in the olive oil. The amount of oil depends on the amount of squash - I use enough that all sides are coated but not dripping. Like a light salad dressing amount.
- Lay the squash on the cookie sheet and drizzle the salt and pepper lightly over top and toss again so it's coated.
- Pop the tray into the oven for 45 minutes. The oil will bubble but if you touch the squash, it should be close to done - taste test it. I usually end up popping it back in the oven for another 15 minutes. I like my squash almost mashable - it gets nice and caramelized.