Because of this beautiful display (see below) I noticed a funny looking veggie called a Chayote. It looked like a green bum. I mean look at this thing! So funny looking I had to buy it.
I also had some vermicelli noodles that I was dying to cook as well... so why not make a little stir fry with my green Chayote. It tastes pretty neutral - the texture is similar to an asian apple-pear, fresh, watery and crisp but light.
Serves 1 person
- 1 Chayote chopped up
- 1/4 cup peppers - chopped
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 3 cloves diced garlic
- General Tsao's sauce from Trader Joes
- Vermicelli noodles - how ever many you want to eat
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Soak the noodles for either 10 minutes in cold water, or 2 minutes in hot water
- Dice up and mix up your veggies and garlic, pop them into a frying pan and sautee those suckers for about 5 minutes
- Add in your sauce and chicken stock, I like a lot of sauce so I added about half a jar
- Sautee that all together for another 5 minutes
- Add noodles, and cook for another 5 minutes or so
- Plate and serve. Pretty simple yet tasty!