I think I finally did it. Or at least - this recipe was awesome so neener neener. Ready? Think you can handle the awesome pasta action? Ok. Here we go.
- 1 1/4 cup pasta flour - durham or 00. This really makes all the difference.
- 1/4 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour - I had some on hand and i've been trying to figure out what to do with it, so why not throw it in there too!
- 3 LARGE pinches of salt
- 1 pinch of ground pepper
- 3 eggs
- Dump all your flour together on the table top and make a little crater in the middle
- Drop the eggs into the middle and start mixing in the flour slowly from the middle of the crater till you get it thick enough to mix with your hands.
- Mix the dough up and then let it rest for about 30 min covered with a damp cloth or paper towel. This allows the gluten to form and makes it easier to work with.
- Cut the dough into 4 small balls and start running them through your pasta maker
- Pop the finished pasta into a bowling pot of water - the water should have a little salt added to it
- After the pasta is in the pot - drizzle in a little bit of olive oil. This helps the pasta not stick together
- Cook that sucker to your taste and you're ready to enjoy!
Let me know how yours turns out.