|Our new pooch|
With that said, I had bought some bananas that I didn't end up eating and decided it was time to tackle the banana bread again... dun dun DUN! As always, I never have any eggs in my house - no one eats them so why buy them! It also means that I'm always cooking without eggs or making some neat substitues. This recipe is delicious. No jokes. It is good. It is fantastic. It turned a non-banana bread eater into a banana bread lover.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (eggless with oatmeal)
- 3 ripe bananas - medium size
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/3 cup of white AP flour
- 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Chocolate chips - as many as you want, I used around 1/4 of a 12oz bag
- Preheat your oven to 400degreesF
- Plop your bananas into a bowl and mash them up really well.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mixed it all together.
- Grease your loaf pan with a little cooking spray - I also usually line the pan with tin foil and spray that too, it makes it easier to get the loaf out of the pan.
- Turn down the heat on the oven to 350degreesF
- Pour in the mix and bake for 50 minutes. The mix will NOT fill up the pan, BUT the bread will rise a little so don't worry!
- After around 45 to 50 min, do the toothpick test - if it comes out clean take out the loaf and let it rest for 20 minutes before removing from the pan.