refrigerator magnets

refrigerator magnets

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Potato Flour Muffins


I bought some potato because it sounded delicious. Now... what do I DO with potato flour. Hee hee. I've been searching the web for a good recipe and finally! Today! I came across a good one. YAY!

I also need to call out the flour is from a little mill in Chardon, Ohio called Fowlers Mill - fantastic place. You should visit.


Enought of that - now on to the recipe...

It's super duper easy - took me about 15 minutes to prepare the dough. This is a pretty basic recipe - as I'm writing this, I'm thinking it would be fantastic to add a little orange flavoring or maybe some cranberries. The muffins are a little sweet so a tart flavoring would be a nice balance.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup potato flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 eggs, separated
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ice water
Steps
  • Add flour to a mixing bowl
  • Add baking powder and salt and sift together 3 time
  • Beat egg whites until stiff and frothy but not dry
  • Add sugar in 2 portions and beat just to blend after each addition
  • Beat egg yolks thoroughly and fold into whites
  • Add flour mixture gradually by sprinkling a tablespoon at a time over the top, and folding lightly and carefully until the flour is incorporated
  • When all the flour is added, sprinkle a few drops of water at a time over the top and continue folding in until all the water is used
  • Place batter carefully by spoonfuls into heavily greased muffin pan
  • Be sure to grease tins well as muffins stick easily
  • Bake at 375° F. for 18 to 20 minutes
  • Serve warm with butter

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to make some for my sister the next time she's home. These look great.

    ReplyDelete