Easy Crock Pot Roast Beef
2-3lbs would feed about 4 ppl, it does shrink a bit while it cooks
Big hunk of meat - we used a 2lb piece of roast beef
1 cup (or at least 1/2 inch covering the bottom of pot) of soy sauce. (I have a large crock pot so we added a bit more sauce to ensure the bottom was covered.)
1 tsp salt and pepper covering both sides of meat
1 tsp of garlic salt
1 tsp of grilling spices
1 tablespoon flour (For gravy)
- Turn your crock pot on high
- Salt and pepper each side of the meat
- Plop the meat into the crock pot
- Add in the soy sauce - ensure that it covers the bottom of the pot, and about 1/2 inch up the side of the meat
- Sprinkle in the garlic salt and grilling spices on top of the meat
- Cover and DON'T TOUCH IT for at least 4 hours
- Feel free to open and check starting at around 4.5 hours and cook until done. It should turn gray.
- After it's done, pull the meat out and set it aside to rest. If you cut into it right away, you'll let all the juices out. Letting it rest lets the juices soak into the meat.
- Add the flour to the juices left in the crock pot. Mix to make a nice rich gravy. Add more or less flour depending on how thick you want your gravy.
While he tackled the beef, I decided that it was finally time to take on some homemade bread. I haven't perfected my recipe yet - but I'll share a few photos with you of my first pass. If you have an easy to make bread recipe, I'd love to check it out!